How did the entire summer get away from me in the blogging department?
Here's a quick run-down catch-up before I get back to my more typical (as in never predictable) blogging schedule. What we've been up to:
- I painted just about everything in sight: walls, furniture, canvases. Turns out I really love painting, so soothing!
- We had an amazing week in Maui, a trip my hard-working husband earned through work. Did I mention amazing? The resort was out of control!
- Mady turned 16. Wow. We're entering the stages of full time junior college, driving, and "friends that are guys". Just friends. :)
- There's been a steady stream of friends and kids in and out. Love that, my kids have some awesome friends!
- A certain girl got her braces off, after 7 years of having them on!
- A flurry of horse camps, racquetball camp, a trip to Texas for me, cousin and Auntie visiting, VBS, etc.!
- I fell in love with a company called Advocare and started a business!
- I am working my way through a "24 Day Challenge" - designed to increase energy (yes please!) and lose weight and/or gain muscle. I am really impressed so far, and am happy to be doing the challenge alongside so many dear friends! (Another challenge is starting up soon if you are interested!)
- I'm busily gathering up my supplies and plans for the new homeschool year. I love homeschooling and the fact our state is still homeschool-friendly, despite changes and cutbacks.